Advantages of the BSK®-Turbine
The special hydraulic shape of the BSK®-Turbine makes it possible: up to 2.8 kg O2/kWh
Advantage: significant savings in operating costs (More than 60 % of the energy demand of a wastewater treatment plant is spent on the aeration of the biological stages.)
The special hydraulic design according to the “Francis-concept” allows not only an optimized aeration, but also the circulation rate is unique, even in deep tanks.
No material is more suitable in wastewater than stainless steel: No corrosion and almost unlimited lifetime. Free choice of alloy is possible (AISI 304L, 316L etc.)
365 operating days per year and maximum daily service require extremely robust components.
BSK® drives provide the answer: Service factors up to 3.0 and double-bearing technology.
Design-immanent, no decrease of power input, high alpha (α) factor ≥ 0.9, no loss of efficiency in oxygen transfer capacity compared to fine-bubble aeration.
No pipes no blowers and no housing/no complex civil works for compressed air units needed, no problems with condensated water
No maintenance components under water. The only maintenance is an oil change every 2-4 years (depending on oil quality). In case of repair: Easy disassembly without emptying the tanks.
Low splash height and channeled ejection of water causes less aerosols, no splash guard needed.
Fields of application
- Aeration and mixing of activated sludge in biological wastewater treatment plants (sequence batch reactors, traditional continuous systems)
- Aerobic sludge stabilization
- water treatment
Typical applications in the field of biological wastewater treatment:
Municipal wastewater treatment plants:
- Wastewater treatment plants for municipalities and cities
- Sewage treatment plants for hotels
- Wastewater treatment plants for military camps
Industrial wastewater treatment plants for the food industry:
- Fish canneries
- Potato processing industry
Industrial wastewater treatment systems for the non-food sector:
- Paper mills
- Textile mills
- Tobacco industry
- Rendering plants, etc.
General Layout of the BSK®-Turbine surface aeration system
- 1 Three-phase motor
- 2 Flat gear unit
- 3 Oil reservoir
- 4 Baseplate for gear unit
- 5 BSK®-Turbine
- 6 Drive shaft
- 7 Fixed bridge or floating system
Components of the BSK®-Turbine
- 1 Connection flange
- 2 Crown ring
- 3 Conveyor blades
- 4 Baffle
(All parts are made of stainless steel)
Versions / Sizes
11 different standard sizes available: diameters from 900 up to 3,000 mm
Manufacturing is possible in various alloys of stainless steel:
- stainless steel (AISI 304L)
- stainless steel (AISI 316L)
Different steel grade upon request
Motor power from 5.5 kW to 130 kW, Standard efficiency class: IE3, on request: IE4
High-performance gear in industrial quality with hollow shaft or flanged shaft
left- or right-handed available
Mounting on floating systems (adaptable in height according to different water levels, e. g. in SB-reactors) or fixed installation on steel or concrete bridges (at constant level)
up to 308 kgO2/h
- Developed in 1960 based on proven “Francis”-design – testing program over several years
- 1990 continuous improvement process – highly efficient hydraulic design
- Based on the experience of the last 40 years, combined with the latest hydraulic models, a new generation (BSK®-Turbine) was developed
More than 2,000 BSK®-Turbines are in operation worldwide (including the references of our Swiss partner NORM A.M.C. AG), e. g.: